How to Install Exodus Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM on LG Nexus 5
Based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Exodus custom ROM is a new addition to an increasing list of favorite Marshmallow custom ROMs. The firmware brings you all the official Marshmallow features and some more from Cyanogenmod to help you customize your device to your own liking. Smooth and fast, follow this guide to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Nexus 5 custom ROM.
You can learn more about this Nexus 5 ROM at this XDA thread where you will find all the new updates and fixes to any bugs or issues you may face.
Prerequisites to flash Android 6.0.1 Nexus 5 ROM:
- Download and install USB drivers for LG Nexus 5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
Exodus Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Nexus 5 ROM:
- Connect your LG Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it into recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the Exodus Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while so please don't get alarmed. Enjoy all the new features and customization choices of this new Nexus 5 ROM.