Flash OZOP Galaxy S6 Custom ROM – Packed Full of New Features and Themes
If you are tired of using the same custom ROMs for every new Android device that you buy, here is a new custom firmware making some waves in the forums. Based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, OZOP custom ROM treats you to some Galaxy S6 Edge features to enhance your experience with a completely new look and feel. Be warned that this is not a ROM for those looking for Stock experience. OZOP Android 5.1.1 Galaxy S6 custom ROM is reportedly very fast and stable, giving you a lag-free experience on your Galaxy S6. Here's how the developer details their custom firmware:
"My rom is fully Inverted with Custom images and themes throughout the system. I like to give the user "Control" of the rom by making option available for the look, feel and functionality via "OZOP Control" or the Aroma installer
There are options to toggle things like "Home Button Wake/disable" or "Stock/3minit battery", Hide statusbar icons like bluetooth/alarm/arrows, Color the Statusbar icons, toggles, toggle BG, toggle text all changable "On-the-Fly".
If the options aren't available with OZOP Control, they are most likely available via the Aroma, which has the ability to go back as many times as needed to get what you want, without installing the rom. The Aroma also has "PREVIEW" mode that will show you what you are choosing before you install it!!"
Follow this guide to flash OZOP Galaxy S6 custom ROM.
Prerequisites to flash OZOP Android 5.1.1 on T-Mobile Galaxy S6 G920T:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920T as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Flash Android 5.1.1 Galaxy S6 custom ROM:
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the OZOP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 G920T into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
For more, visit the XDA thread.