How to Downgrade iOS 11.4.1 to iOS 11.4 Beta for Electra Jailbreak
Here’s a complete tutorial on how to downgrade iOS 11.4.1 to iOS 11.4 Beta for Electra jailbreak on iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7.
You Can Downgrade iOS 11.4.1 to iOS 11.4 Beta or Even Upgrade to it if You Want to Jailbreak Using Electra
At the time of writing, Apple is currently signing iOS 11.4 Beta 1, Beta 2 and Beta 3, meaning that you can upgrade or downgrade to those firmware versions and jailbreak your device using the newly updated Electra tool. But of course, as mentioned in our jailbreak guide, the current betas are only signed for iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7 users. If you have an iPad at hand you were hoping to jailbreak after a downgrade then you are slightly out of luck. Also keep in mind that iOS 11.4 cannot be jailbroken as all the necessary vulnerabilities that make Electra jailbreak work in the first place have been patched after iOS 11.4 Beta 3.
In today’s guide, we will show you how you can downgrade iOS 11.4.1 straight to iOS 11.4 Beta 3 on your iPhone. You can use this very same guide to upgrade as well if you like. Just make sure you have backed up everything to either iTunes or iCloud before proceeding as the process will wipe everything off your device.
First and foremost, download the necessary firmware file from the links below:
1. Once download and saved to your desktop (preferred location) connect your iPhone to your computer using a Lightning cable.
2. Launch iTunes if it doesn’t launch automatically. You can download iTunes from this link if you haven’t already: apple.com/itunes
3. Click on the little icon that looks like an iPhone on the top left hand corner of iTunes.
4. Hold down the left Option key (Mac) or the left Shift key (Windows) and click on the Restore iPhone button.
5. Select the firmware file you downloaded ahead of step 1.
6. iTunes will now extract the contents of the firmware, restore your device, verify everything will Apple and you will then be greeted with the hello screen.
7. Once everything is done and dusted, you may proceed with the jailbreak.
Check out the guides below on how to set things into motion with Electra jailbreak. If you are on iOS 11.3.1 already then you do not need to upgrade to beta firmware at all.
While you are here, you may like to check out: