How to Downgrade iOS 11.2.2 on iPhone or iPad to Older Firmware and Jailbreak [Tutorial]
Here’s how you can downgrade iOS 11.2.2 running on iPhone or iPad to an older firmware version such as iOS 11.2, iOS 11.1 or iOS 11.0.1.
You Can Downgrade iOS 11.2.2. to Earlier iOS 11.x Releases if You Want to Jailbreak. For a Limited Time Period only.
At the time of writing, there is good news and bad news from the world of iOS. The good news is that Apple is still signing firmware that can be jailbroken using a recently released tool. The bad news is that there’s no telling when Apple will stop signing those firmware versions, forcing you to stick with the latest release.
Before we move forward, there are two important things that you should know. First and foremost, if you are downgrading for the sole purpose of jailbreaking, then you should know that there is no Cydia available for iOS 11.x just yet. Secondly, these are the firmware versions Apple is still signing, along with the download links. Make sure you download the correct IPSW file for your device:
Of all the firmware above, everything in between and including iOS 11.0.1 and iOS 11.1.2 is jailbreak-able.
Downgrade iOS 11.2.2 Tutorial.
Important note: The downgrade tutorial will wipe everything off your device therefore take a backup of your files on a safe and secure location. You may either use iCloud or iTunes itself.
- Assuming you have downloaded the firmware from one of the links above, connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable.
- Now launch iTunes.
- Select your device from the top left corner of iTunes. Click the little icon that looks like a tiny iPhone.
- Now, click on the Restore iPhone button while holding down the left Shift key (PC) or the left Option key (Mac).
- Select the IPSW file you wish to downgrade to.
- The IPSW file will be verified with Apple after which your device will be restored.
Once done and you have set up your iPhone or iPad, you can jailbreak it by using one the guides linked below:
- CoolStar Has Announced A Developer-Oriented Jailbreak Tool ‘Electra’ For iOS 11.0-11.1.2
- How to Jailbreak tvOS 11.0 – tvOS 11.1 on Apple TV 4 / 4K Using LiberTV
- iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak LiberiOS for iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus & 64-bit Devices Released – Here’s How to Use it
- H3lix iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak for iPhone & iPad Released – Here’s How to Use it
- Download G0blin to Jailbreak iOS 10.3.x – Supports 64-bit A7-A9 iPhone Devices