Here’s One Big Reason Why You Should Install iOS 11 Beta 7 or Public Beta 6 – Storage Space
iOS 11 Beta 7 & Public Beta 6 Free Up a Gigabyte of Storage Space – Great News for 16 & 32GB Users
It’s a well-known fact that iOS updates get bigger and bigger with every release. This prompted Apple to take necessary steps in order to decrease the size of newer iOS builds. That trend continues in iOS 11 Beta as well.
If you are enrolled in Apple’s developer program or the Beta Software Program as a public beta tester, then you might want to update to iOS 11 Beta 7 or iOS 11 Public Beta 6 right away. Once the download and installation process is complete, you’ll notice that you’ve managed to free up to 1GB of storage space on your device. That’s a massive amount of gain if you have a base model device with either 16GB or 32GB of onboard storage.
How to Update to iOS 11 Beta 7 or iOS 11 Public Beta 6
Haven’t updated your device already? Simply follow the steps outlined below.
- Connect your device to a WiFi network and make sure the battery is above the 50% mark.
- Launch the Settings app and navigate to General > Software Update.
- Once the latest download becomes available, tap on Download and Install.
- Let your device reboot in order to complete the installation.
Once you are done, simply verify your storage space by going to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
It’s somewhat likely that we will end up seeing one more beta before being greeted with the final release. So make sure you stay up to date no matter what as new updates tend to bring changes which you least expect at times.
Before you head out, make sure you check out the links below as well.
- Download iOS 11 Beta for iPhone & iPad – How to Install Right Now
- How and Why You Should Clean Install iOS 11 Beta on iPhone & iPad
- iOS 11 Beta Compatible Devices List – iPhone, iPad & iPad touch
- Download and Install iOS 11 Public Beta on iPhone, iPad Right Now
- Should You Install iOS 11 Public Beta? Here are a Few Things to Consider
- How to Downgrade iOS 11 Beta to iOS 10 – iPhone & iPad Tutorial