Guide to Update Galaxy S Duos S7562 to ZCAMB1 Android 4.0.4 ICS Official Firmware
Samsung has rolled out another firmware update for Galaxy S Duos S7562; ZCAMB1 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Official Firmware for users in China. This update can be used in other regions as well. While this update is available via KIES and it is recommended that you get it from there. If for some reason, you cannot access the official update or would like not to wait and get it on your phone right now, here is a guide to update your Galaxy S Duos S7562 to DUEMA1 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Official Firmware.
Disclaimer:This guide will use a tool; Odin to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S Duos S7562. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy S Duos S7562. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Android 4.0.4 ZCAMB1 Firmware Details:
Regions: China, Hong Kong
Guide to Update Galaxy S Duos S7562 to ZCAMB1 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Official Firmware
- Download and Extract S7562ZCAMB1_S7562QHNAMB1_CHN.zip to get a file with .tar extension in the unzipped folder.
- You will then extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Switch your phone off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete the power down cycle.
- You will then put your Galaxy S Duos S7562 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes the Samsung Logo. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator.
- Connect your Galaxy S Duos S7562 with your PC using USB cable. A message will appear under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get it, then try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port with a number in Yellow to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from extracted ZCAMB1 firmware folder :
- Click the ‘PDA’ Button, and select the .tar file extracted in Step 1.
- Click the ‘Phone’ Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘CSC’ Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘PIT’ Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Please make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file.
- Hit the ‘START’ button to begin the flashing process.
Once the flashing process is completed, the tablet will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer now.
If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy S Duos S7562 should now be running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich build S7562IZCAMB1. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.