Guide to install ViperOne Android 4.4 KitKat for HTC One – Custom ROM
ViperOne, is the first Custom ROM with Android 4.4 to have been released. This article will guide you on how to install Custom ROM “ViperOne” Android 4.4 on HTC One. Given our experience with Team Venom, we are already aware of the fact that they cook one of the best ROMs for HTC phones. And the best thing about their roms are the variety of tweaks and mods present in them. This is not to say that some users do not have issues with their ROMs, some do, specifically in regards with battery times.
Here is how you can install the ViperOne Custom ROM Android 4.4 KitKat on your HTC One.
Features Of ViperOne:
- Android 4.4
- Multi language
- Stock Kernel
- Aroma Installer 2.70 RC
- Viper Enhancements in Settings
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘Odin’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your HTC One. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for HTC One. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Prerequisites to installing Custom ROM ViperOne Android 4.4 on HTC One
- Download and install USB drivers for HTC One
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your HTC One carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install ViperOne Custom ROM Android 4.4 KitKat on HTC One
- First step is to reboot your HTC One into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose a zip from SD card. That you copied earlier and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose Gapps .zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone
- That’s it
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter