Download and Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100
The CyanogenMod team has relased, a version of CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 I9100. This build supports a wide variety of Galaxy S2 smartphones, including the Galaxy S2 I9100. The latest nightly build is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM, which brings some improvement along with it, including better security features. It will allow you to enjoy the latest iteration of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean your Galaxy S2 I9100.
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.
- CM 10.1 Nightly-Build 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy S2 I9100 [File: cm-10.1-20130523-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip]
Guide to Download and Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Nightlies on Galaxy S2 I9100
- Connect your Galaxy S2 I9100 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the above mentioned CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Nightly file and copy it to the SD card of your phone.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the Galaxy S2 I9100 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-10.1-20130523-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM CM 10.1 Nightly-build. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
You are now running CM 10.1 Nightly-build Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.