Guerilla Games, the studio behind the Killzone series, has been working on a PS4 open world RPG codenamed Horizon. A few months ago they hired CD Projekt RED's Lead Cinematic Artist Pawel Swierczynski and Quest Designer Dennis Zoetebier, and just recently Senior Technical Designer Shadi Dadenji this month.
Dadenji worked extensively on the systems that allowed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to work.
- Designed and implemented various gameplay systems
- Supported quest and open-world designers with scripts and tools
- Took ownership of certain editor features and enhanced their usability
- Provided debugging support for a wide range of AI and UI issues
- Liaised between engineers and designers to ensure optimal communication
Dadenji also worked with United Front Games, on Sleeping Dogs.
- Lead minigame designer: designed, prototyped, and implemented all minigames
- Worked with UI, audio, animation, and art departments to achieve solid gameplay and quality
- Supported mission designers with scripts and high-level gameplay dependencies
- Collaborated with programmers to design and implement editor and workflow standards
- Conducted bimonthly scripting reviews to remove obsolete code and reinforce conventions
- Responsible for designing and implementing secondary and open-world missions
- Wrote and maintained all design documentation for aforementioned responsibilities
- Trained and supervised new hires in proper and efficient workflow techniques
No information has been shared regarding the game so far, but a new job listing, reveals a few details of what the team aims to achieve in their new game. The project is said to have the working title 'Horizon', and judging from the leaked image below, the game will feature an interesting Sci-Fi/Fantasy theme.
A few months ago the development team was looking for an Animation Systems Programmer, to "improve and extend the animation technology" of Guerrilla Games. Certain other aspects like character movement, character interaction with the environment, facial animation and in-game cut scenes, seem to be of importance.
Guerilla Games could be creating something truly exciting, and It's very probable that a reveal could be coming at Sony's E3 2015 press conference on June 15.
We will bring you any new information on Guerilla Games and their 'Horizon' Project, as soon as it becomes available. E3 2015 Live Streams and Press Conferences are available here.