Google Play Edition (KOT49H) ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Google Play Edition S4 latest built (KOT49H) is released from Google / Samsung specially for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505. This ROM is fully optimized for the best and smooth performance like, it is based on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware, already rooted, No ROM branding, CM Manual brightness values and much more.
Keep in mind that Google edition does not use open source, proprietary which mean's Bluetooth, and most importantly the camera will work the way they are. In this article we will provide you full guide on how to Flash Google Play Edition (KOT49H) ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505. But first have a look at the features of Google Play Edition (KOT49H) ROM
Features of Google Play Edition (KOT49H) ROM
- Latest 4.4.2 Google Edition (Extremely clean ROM base made by me)
- No rom branding - I don't flash my name around in the settings menu anywhere, keeping it stock AOSP.
- Ktoonsez kernel
- Native reboot menu
- CM Manual brightness values (minimum brightness of 10 (down from 40) available on the slider
- Improved CM Autobrightness values (Samsucks autobrightness disabled)
- removed home button lag
- % Battery icon
- ART compatible
- Inverted phone app (The way it should have been!)
- Inverted contacts
- Inverted 4.4.2 mms with quick reply from source + odexed for speed (stock mms optional flash)
- Inverted 4.4.2 email from source
- Google edition gallery can now delete from ext storage
- Zip aligned
- No extra bloat
- Nova launcher (lightest launcher available, lots of features, only 3mb!)
- CM weather widget
- Fast, Simple and built from a clean 4.4.2 system dump by myself
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘CWM recovery’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Flash Google Play Edition (KOT49H ) ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Prerequisites to Flash Google Play Edition (KOT49H) ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 carries more than 70% of charge.
More ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
- Flash TriForceROM 5.4 on Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720
- Update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat with C-RoM
- Flash SlimKat Weekly 3.8 for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505
- Install FoxHound ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505
How to Google Play Edition (KOT49H ) ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
- First step is to reboot your phone into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose a zip from SD card. That you copied earlier and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose Gapps .zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- That’s it.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter