Ghost Recon Wildlands Xbox One X Update Offers Big Improvements Over PS4 Pro Version
The Ghost Recon Wildlands Xbox One Update offers big improvements over the PS4 Pro version of the game with a resolution boost up to 56%.
The Xbox One X patch that was released last week can be considered quite impressive with a big resolution bump over the PS4 Pro version while also implementing a range graphics options from Wildlands’ PC version. You can check out Digital Foundry’s Xbox One X/PS4 Pro analysis down below:
Let’s be clear – you’re not getting a native 4K upgrade here on Xbox One X, but what you are getting is a 56 per cent boost in resolution over PS4 Pro, plus a range of graphics upgrades pulled over from the PC version. The end result is pretty sweet…
The Xbox One X patch for Wildlands was released last month and includes the following:
Xbox One X Enhancements:
- Increased texture cache size to improve loading times by keeping recently used assets in memory.
- Increased distance at which object and terrain details will start to appear. Anisotropic filtering for better definition of terrain textures.
- Increased resolution of the terrain textures.
- Improved temporal antialiasing for less ghosting.
- Increased tessellation factor of the ground.
- New data set in high resolution for ground decals, i.e. more finesse in puddles, ruts and footprints.
“We are very proud of the technical achievement we reached with Ghost Recon Wildlands on the Xbox One X: being able to evolve in a massive and dangerous open world, with amazing vistas and incredible ranges of engagement allows players to truly express themselves. Sniper, assault, stealth, recon: all playstyles are welcome (and encouraged!)”, the development team wrote last month.
You can watch the Xbox One X HDR trailer that Ubisoft released right here.
Ghost Recon Wildlands is out now for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. The game was released back in March of this year.