Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC Update Adds V-Sync Toggle, Frame Rate Options & Anisotropic Filtering
Developer the Coalition has made a new Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC update available which includes V-Sync toggle options, frame rate options, and anisotropic filtering.
Yesterday, Microsoft announced an update for the Universal Windows Platform that enabled unlocked frame rates, and support for G-Sync/Freesync. Following this update, The Coalition and Microsoft have made a new title update available for Gears of War Ultimate Edition on Windows 10.
Check out the patch notes below:
A new Title Update will be available today for Windows 10 Ultimate Edition owners. This update includes the new features now available on UWP apps including v-sync toggle options and frame rate options.
Please make sure you have the latest Windows Updates before updating.
Title Update 5 - Patch Notes
- Added v-sync toggle to video options. Toggle “off” to not be limited by your monitors refresh rate. Note: This requires an OS update that can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3156421
- Added frame rate limit selector to video options. Use to reduce your frame rate if you are getting too much tearing, or choose unlimited to let the game render as fast as possible. Note: This option is best used with v-sync off. With v-sync on, it will force the game onto a refresh interval (render every refresh, every second refresh, etc.).
- Added anisotropic filtering setting to video options.
- Added FPS counter toggle to video options.
- Fixed a bug where post processing could become disabled.
- Fixed a bug where PSO’s could be created on the fly instead of read from the cache, causing hitches.
For Title Update 4's patch notes, please visit this thread here.
The Windows 10 version of Gears of War Ultimate was released back in March of this year, but suffered from serious performance issues.