Steps to Install Nougat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
Samsung has finally started to roll out Android 7.0 Nougat to Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. Hopefully, you have already received the OTA update and are trying out all the new features. But, if you are looking for a Galaxy S7 edge custom ROM bringing you choices on themes and other customizations, BoBCaTROM is now available for S7 edge based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Prerequisites to install Galaxy S7 edge custom ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge G935F.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge model G935F; do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices. For the complete changelog, support and more details, visit the official thread.
How to flash Galaxy S7 edge custom ROM
Required files: download BoBCaTROM firmware for Galaxy S7 edge G935F and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also, download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and restore > Backup on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S7 edge G935F into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
Don't forget to let us know about your experience with this ROM; for more details, support and screenshots, head over to this XDA thread.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter