6GB RAM Galaxy Note 7 Is On Its Way But Here’s Why You Won’t Be Able To Get One
Earlier today, we reported the pricing details of the 6GB RAM version of Galaxy Note 7, and with that much RAM, you’ll also be getting a nice little storage upgrade to 128GB. Trouble is that you might not be able to get your hands on one, and here’s the reason why.
Galaxy Note 7 In The 6GB RAM Version Could Only Remain Exclusive To China
As disappointing as this may sound, particularly for those who were actually expecting 6GB of RAM to be present in the version that was shown during the company’s official announcement, it looks like Samsung isn’t going to be shipping off this version to US or Europe. This variant could remain exclusive to the boundaries of China and Korea, but let’s hope that the company changes its stance on exclusivity.
As for the specifications of the regular version, Galaxy Note 7 is available in the following chipset models:
- Exynos 8890: Running a quad-core M1 Mongoose processor running at 2.15GHz, and quad-core Cortex-A53 running at 1.5GHz. GPU is an ARM Mali-T880 MP12
- Snapdragon 820: Running a dual-core 2.15GHz Kryo and a dual-core 1.6GHz Kryo processor
The display tech used is Super AMOLED and features a much larger screen-to-body ratio in comparison to a Galaxy S7 edge. The Super AMOLED has several benefits over other display tech; it is able to consume less power and allow manufacturers to potentially reduce the thickness of future smartphones, and this is one of the contributing reasons why a Galaxy Note 7 sports a sleek form factor. The rear camera does provide support for shooting images in RAW and recording 4K videos as well.
Samsung has not mentioned other internal storage models, so we guess that 64GB of internal memory is all that you’re going to be getting. However, with a MicroSD card slot available, we highly doubt that you will using up all of that internal memory. Galaxy Note 7 also provides support for wireless charging, and the scheduled release date of the phablet is August 19.
You might also want to check out the following:
- Samsung Shows Us How Galaxy Note 7 Has Changed In Comparison To Galaxy Note 5 In The Latest Detailed Infograph
- Galaxy Note 7 Official Image Gallery – Feast Your Eyes On Samsung’s Greatest Smartphone Yet
- First Camera Samples Of Galaxy Note 7 Have Appeared – Take A Look Right Here
Would you want to see a 6GB RAM version of the Galaxy Note 7 to be sold in various regions? Tell us your thoughts right away.