Foxhole Is A Top-down Persistent Online War Game, Out Now on Steam Early Access
Clapfoot just stealthily released Foxhole onto Steam Early Access and it’s quite the intriguing proposition. The game, played from a top-down perspective, features an ongoing persistent online war which will be shaped by hundreds of players.
Set in an alternate timeline where the great wars never truly ended, Foxhole is based on collaborative strategy and tactics so that every player action can have a meaningful effect on the war through emergent gameplay.
Mark Ng, Co-Founder of Toronto-based developer Clapfoot, said:
Foxhole requires players to plan and work together in ways never before seen in an online war game. Running supply lines, cutting off enemy logistics, and building out radio networks for communication are just as important as combat. Every soldier is a player in Foxhole so the narrative of the war is completely user driven.
Players will be able to control all of the elements of war, from weapon production and base building to strategy and combat. They’ll need to acquire resources, build vehicles, and run supply lines.
Foxhole is currently priced at $19.99 and Clapfoot estimates that it should take roughly one year to complete the game.
Player Directed Warfare – Every soldier is controlled by a player. Players ARE the content
- Sandbox warfare, where players determine the narrative of a long term war
- Players drive every element of war, from weapon manufacturing and base building to strategy and combat.
- Emergent strategies and tactics make every part the war feel unique
- Your presence stays active in the world even after you’ve gone offline
Persistent Living World – Join hundreds of players in a shared, war torn universe
- Conquer and relinquish territories in a back and forth, high stakes conflict.
- Execute long term strategies that take days of planning, changing the tide of the war with minimal casualties
- Join an alternate timeline universe where the great wars never ended and the world has been in conflict for over a hundred years.
- Play as a persistent character throughout the war, gaining notoriety and influence among your faction
Realistic Tactics & Combat – Tense and cerebral battles that keep you on the edge of your seat
- Capture and setup supply lines to keep your front line well equipped
- Ammunition, resources, and information are limited, requiring players to work together to survive
- Dynamic battle conditions: Use the time of day and terrain features to gain an advantage
- Top-down, tactical combat where skills and strategy matter more than stats or XP points