How to Update HTC One M8 to the Latest Android 6.0 Based Flyme6 Custom ROM
Meizu's Flyme6 ROM is now available for the HTC One M8 smartphone (Single SIM models). The ROM is Meizu's take on Android 6.0, unlike other popular Chinese manufacturers Meizu lets other devices try out its interface. The Flyme6 ROM has a broad colour pallette and is based on CyanogenMod. One distinct feature on Flyme6 ROM is its new Intelligent Thinking Engine "One Mind" that reads user's habit and provides instant solutions.
Check these points before going ahead with the installation of Flyme6 on HTC One M8:
- Take a backup of your phone's data
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. Click on this link to install
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Development Options > USB debugging
- Make sure that your HTC One M8’s bootloader is unlocked and you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Lastly, your device must be fully charged as this process takes up a lot of battery power
Here are the steps to help you update HTC One M8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Flyme6 custom ROM:
- Connect your HTC One M8 to computer copy the Flyme6 ROM file to your phone’s SD card root folder
- Now, copy and paste boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Disconnect the phone from computer and power it off
- Boot your HTC One M8 into Bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously
- Your phone will be in the Fastboot mode now. Go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type this command - Fastboot flash boot boot.img and press "Enter."
- Your phone will be fast boot reboot; press Enter again.
- Now, follow the instructions shown on screen and Select Bootloader > Recovery.
- Once in recovery menu - select wipe data/factory reset and confirm.
- Also, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache from the "Advanced" menu
- Go to recovery's main menu, select install zip from sdcard and find Flyme6 file, select it and confirm the process
- Now, return to the main recovery menu and reboot your One M8 into Flyme6 custom ROM
- Remember, the first boot into the custom ROM could take up to 15 to 20 minutes.
Your HTC One M8 is all set to enjoy the new features and interface of the Flyme6.
You can also try out these Android 6.0 based ROMs for the HTC One M8 smartphone:
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter