Flash TriForceROM 5.4 on Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720
TriForceROM 5.4 was released in the last month for Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 Users. TriForceROM 5.4 is famous for Stability, Minimal Size, Speed, Flexibility, Performance, Power Saving and many other features.
TriForceROM 5.4 has a very good review on XDA forums that is why we have decided to write tutorial for you about “How to Flash TriForceROM 5.4 on Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720”.
In this version they have added Aroma option to enable/disable transparent Notification Drop Down and fixed "Android is upgrading" bug which people where facing after flashing TriForceROM 5.3 on their device.
But before going to the tutorial let’s have features of TriForceROM 5.4.
Features of TriForceROM 5.4
- Based on current MK2 release.
- Slightly modded stock kernel for proper adb commands (remount, root, etc.)
- Latest KT-SGS4 Kernel also Included (Thanks @ktoonsez)
- Rooted with latest SuperSU
- De-Bloated nearly as much as possible without sacrificing any functionality
- Init.d Support
- Many build.prop tweaks for performance and battery life
- USB Debugging on by default
- RSA Key checking disabled (no prompt for connecting USB Debugging to a PC)
- AROMA Installer for customization of most mods listed below
- HotSpot Mod Included
- Disabled Input Notification when keyboard is open
- CRT Off Animation
- Less Annoying Touch Sounds
- Long Press Menu key to kill app with toggleable option
- 4-in-1 Reboot Menu
- Low Battery Camera limitations removed
- In-Call Recording
- Native Ad Blocking
- Removed Stock "My Files" App and put in File Manager, This is a much better Root Enabled file manager
- Removed Volume Increase Warning
- Device Status: Official
- True 1X/3G Icons - Created a 1X icon in the new style (There wasn't a new one for 1X mode)
SMS/MMS Limitations increased (Recipient and MMS limitations)
- Custom Boot Animation (enabled bootanimation.zip)
- Transparent Notification Bar (AROMA Option included)
- Quick Unlock with toggleable option
- Flashlight Quick Setting Toggle
- Long Press Volume Keys to skip music tracks with toggleable option
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘CWM recovery’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Flash TriForceROM 5.4 on Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Prerequisites to Flash TriForceROM 5.4 on Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to Flash TriForceROM 5.4 on Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720
- First step is to reboot your phone into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose a zip from SD card. That you copied earlier and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose Gapps .zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- That’s it.