Install Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4 M919 – How to
We have shared a number of stable custom ROMs based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919. Today brings a new custom firmware to join that list – OwnROM Android 5.1.1. This Galaxy S4 custom ROM is pre-rooted and has Theme Engine, among several other features and highlights (shared below). Follow this guide to update T-Mobile Galaxy S4 M919 to OwnROM.
OwnROM Android 5.1.1 Galaxy S4 custom ROM features:
- In-Built SuperSu
- In-Built Changelog
- Network Traffic Monitor
- Toast Animations
- QS Customization
- Clock customization
- Theme Engine
- Privacy Guard
- Pulse Notification Light
- Lockscreen Corner Shortcuts
- Ambient Display
- Density Changer
- Immersive Mode (per App)
- Battery Light
- Quick and Smart Statusbar
- Black List
- Live Memory Steps
- Slims Lockscreen Shortcuts
- CAF Task Manager
- App Circle Bar
- Force Expanded Notifications option
- Option to show 4 tiles per row (QS)
- Long press lock screen icon to sleep
- Double tap anywhere on lockscreen to sleep
- Recents Memory bar
- Block QuickSettings on lockscreen
Note: This firmware is still in beta so you might come across some bugs in your way of using it. Refer to the firmware’s XDA thread for more details and to keep yourself up to date with the latest builds.
Prerequisites to flash T-Mobile Galaxy S4 custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to OwnROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
Here are the steps to flash Galaxy S4 custom ROM based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > Backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the OwnROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 M919 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
- Ta da!