You can now install the latest OmniROM Android 4.4.2 Nightly custom ROM on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4. Here is the easy guide to help you with the process.
Prerequisites to flash OmniROM Android 4.4.2 on Verizon Galaxy S4:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- Your Verizon SGS4 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy smartphone.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
Flash OmniROM Android 4.4.2 on Verizon Galaxy S4:
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the OmniROM Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Samsung Galaxy S4 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Ta da! This was the process to update Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 to OmniROM Android 4.4.2 Nightly custom firmware.