Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is yet to be shipped and the device has already managed to receive an "urgent" firmware update from its maker. Weighing just 3.32MB, the update changelog only mentions "Edge screen" in the details. Considering the urgent tag, the firmware update must be an important one so make sure you install the OTA update as soon as you receive your new edge phone. Samsung has also rolled out an update for Galaxy S7.
— TK Bay (@tkdsl8655) March 8, 2016
If you do not receive the OTA notification on your unlocked smartphone, you can update your S7 edge yourself too. Follow this guide to manually flash G935FXXU1APAW Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
G935FXXU1APAW Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow details:
Model name Galaxy S7 edge
Country United Kingdom
Version Android 6.0.1
Build date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:34:20 +0000
Product code BTU
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S7 edge to G935FXXU1APAW Android 6.0.1:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S7 edge carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S7 edge to G935FXXU1APAW Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
Required files: download G935FXXU1APAW Android 6.0.1 for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. Also, download Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Here are the steps to update Galaxy S7 edge to XXU1APAW Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware.
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down and Power together and then press the Home key. OR, check how to enter Download Mode.
- Open Odin and connect your smartphone with your computer. When connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number after a while. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP and select file with AP in its name.
- Click on CP and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the. pit file - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on BL and select file with BL in its name - ignore if there is no such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the. pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Your smartphone will now reboot. Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge G935F and reboot it.