While we await the release of stable Oreo based custom ROMs for Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S7 devices, Nougat doesn't seem to be a bad choice either. In today's featured custom ROM, we are looking at the Nemesis Nougat ROM for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. This firmware is actually a port of Samsung Galaxy S7 and brings a fast, clean and smooth experience to your Galaxy S6 edge. Have another favorite ROM? Don't forget to add your favorite custom ROMs in the comment section.
NEMESISROM for Galaxy S6 edge features:
-Rooted by Magisk V11.1
-Build.prop tweaks for faster and better rom
-Changed 4g icon to LTE
-Call Recording Button
-Support Recent App Protection
-Whitepages /identify unsaved numbers
-Unlock after reboot with fingerprint without pin or pattern
-Virtual Button in RC Enable/Disable
-Show/Hide Stock Battery in RC
-Show/Hide 3Minit Battery in RC
-Reboot Menu Fully Customizable in RC
-Device Info in RC
-Head Up notification Enable/Disable in RC
-Wireless and Wired Fastcharging Enable/Disable in RC
-Button for Upgrade to Pro Rom Control
-Optimized Power Management
-Cpu Hotplug (shutdowns uneeded big cores)
-Completly big cores shutdown when screen is off
-Unterclocked idle frequencys
-Enought Crypto tweaks for better ui performance
-Tweaked Interactive Governor
-Compiler with Linaro 6.3.1 toolchain
Prerequisites to flash NEMESISROM Nougat ROM for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S6 edge to Nougat NEMESISROM
Required files: download Android 7.0 Nougat NEMESISROM custom firmware for Galaxy S6 edge and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S6 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from Recovery, perform a full data wipe by pressing the Wipe button. Tap on Swipe to Factory Reset at the bottom.
- Go back to main recovery menu and tap on the Install button. Locate the ROM ZIP file and tap Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Once installation process is done, reboot your Galaxy S6 edge into the new custom ROM. If you are, however, stuck in bootloop, tap Wipe cache/dalvik instead.
Don't forget to share your experience with this Samsung Galaxy S6 edge custom ROM with us.