How to Flash NitrogenOS Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on LG Nexus 5
Nexus 5 doesn't get the official Android 7.0 Nougat update, but we keep bringing you some of the stable custom ROM choices. Another addition to the list, NitrogenOS Android 7 custom ROM for Nexus 5 promises stability along with all of those popular Nougat features. Follow this guide to flash NitrogenOS Android 7.0 custom ROM on LG Nexus 5.
Prerequisites to flash NitrogenOS Android 7 custom ROM on LG Nexus 5
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted: follow this guide to root Nexus 5 and install custom recovery.
- Make sure that TWRP or CWM is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Nexus 5 to NitrogenOS Android 7 custom ROM
Required files: Download NitrogenOS for Nexus 5 on your computer.
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- In the TWRP/CWM settings menu, clear phone memory: go to Wipe > Factory Reset.
- Return to TWRP settings and tap Install and locate the NitrogenOS firmware zip file from the phone memory.
- In the menu, confirm the installation process by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Your phone will now install the Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM.
- When you receive the Successful message, you can restart your device.
First boot takes a little while so please don't get alarmed. Enjoy the all new features that Android 7.0 Nougat brings to your Nexus 5 and don't forget to share your experience with us.
Note: If you get stuck in a bootloop, go to TWRP main menu and clear Wipe cache/dalvik.