How to Install Google Play Edition (GPE) Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM on Galaxy S4
Google Play Edition (GPE) Android 5.1.1 custom firmware brings the stock Lollipop experience to any device. Now available for Samsung Galaxy S4, you can flash this pre-rooted custom ROM on your own Galaxy smartphones. Stable and smooth, GPE Android 5.1.1 custom ROM offers you faster performance on your smartphone. Follow this guide to flash Google Play Edition Android 5.1.1 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505.
Prerequisites to flash Google Play Edition Android 5.1.1 ROM on Galaxy S4:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Google Play Edition Android 5.1.1 custom ROM:
Required files: download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware for Galaxy S4 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Google Play Edition Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9505 into the new custom ROM. First boot could take a few good minutes.