Install Google Pixel Edition ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge G935F
Looking for a custom firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge? Follow this guide to flash this feature-packed Pixel Edition Nougat Galaxy S7 edge ROM. The ROM carries the October security patch, so you will be getting all the latest security fixes as well.
Google Pixel Edition Galaxy S7 edge ROM features
- Debloated massively to 1.20GB ODEX
- Based off N930FXXU1BPIA
- Full Note 7 port
- Same day rebase [FAST UPDATES]
- OTA Updater
- Heavily Debloated
- System Optimizations
- Pixel features look and feel
- Spoofed Android to 7.1.1 for some new apps
- Lot of build.prop tweaks
- Battery tweaks
- Performance tweaks
- Art tweaks
- Init.d tweaks
- Init.d Performance tweaks
- Dual Speaker mod v3
- Super battery
- ADDED Magisk v8
- ADDED XPOSED Magisk edition
- Google Assistant
- Upgraded Pixel Launcher to 7.1.1
Prerequisites to install Galaxy S7 edge ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S7 edge G935F to Google Pixel Edition ROM
Required files: download the Pixel Edition firmware for Galaxy S7 edge G935F and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also, download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and restore > Backup on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S7 edge G935F into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter