The latest AOKP 4.3 test build has been released to RootzWiki forums and leaked for Verizon smart phones. In order to test the features of this upcoming AOKP 4.3 custom firmware, you can follow this tutorial to install an unofficial build of AOKP Jelly Bean Preview custom ROM based on AOSP Android 4.3 that has been leaked for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3.
Prerequisites to check before you flash AOKP 4.3 test build on Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- Your Verizon smartphone should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your SGS3.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Verizon Galaxy S3 carries more than 70% of charge.
Guide to flash AOKP 4.3 test build on Samsung Galaxy S3:
Required files: download the AOKP 4.3 test build custom firmware file from here. Also download the Google Apps Package for your smartphone. Save both the files on your computer; do not extract contents.
- Connect your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 with computer using a USB cable and copy the custom firmware file and GApps package on the phone's SD card.
- Disconnect your Verizon SGS3 from computer when the copy is done and power it off.
- Reboot your SGS3 into recovery mode.
- Now take Nandroid backup of your current OS to able to revert back it to if things don't work out: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and finally wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded AOKP 4.3 firmware file and confirm the installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, repeat the above step but select GApps file this time.
- When done, reboot your Samsung Galaxy S3 into the newly installed AOKP 4.3 Preview Unofficial test custom firmware.
Ta da! You can now check the features of this leaked test build of unofficial AOKP 4.3 JB custom firmware.