We have already shared with you a few Nougat based custom ROMs for your Nexus 5. Among these, one of the most popular one remains the Euclidean ROM for Nexus 5 which brings the latest features from Google's Pixel smartphones. The custom firmware is now available based on the very latest Android 7.1 Nougat. Loved all the delicious goodies that Euclidean brought to your Nexus 5? Then, you shouldn't miss this feature-rich ROM that is now based on the very latest Android version. Follow this guide to update Nexus 5 to Android 7.1 based Euclidean Nougat ROM.
Euclidean Android 7.1 Nougat
- Google Nexus Sounds
- GApps included (removed stock ones)
- Phonograph Music Player
- Battery LED Notifications
- Ambient Display
- Google Pixel Launcher
- Pixel Wallpapers
- Google Pixel Dialer
- Google Pixel NavBar
- biQuads - Qualcomm's Audio Codec
Prerequisites to update Nexus 5 to Android 7.1
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to enable USB Debugging.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted.
- Make sure to install TWRP or CWM recovery tool.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
Note: Still in beta version, you might find some bugs if running it as a daily driver. Head over to the XDA thread for support, bugs and more information. For the Android 7.0 version, visit our earlier guide.
How to update Nexus 5 to Android 7.1 Euclidean ROM
Required files: Download Euclidean for Nexus 5 on your computer.
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- In the TWRP/CWM settings menu, clear phone memory: go to Wipe > Factory Reset.
- Return to TWRP settings and tap Install and locate the Euclidean firmware zip file from the phone memory.
- In the menu, confirm the installation process by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Your phone will now install the Android 7.1 Nougat custom ROM.
- When you receive the Successful message, you can restart your device.
First boot takes a little, so a little patience would go a long way. Enjoy the all new features that Android 7.1 Nougat brings to your Nexus 5 and don't forget to share your experience with us.
Note: If you get stuck in the bootloop, go to TWRP main menu and clear Wipe cache/dalvik.