How to Update HTC One M7 to crDroid Android 6.0 Custom ROM
crDroid Android 6.0 custom ROM is now available for HTC One M7. If you can't wait for the official OS update, you can get the Marshmallow features right away with crDroid Android 6.0. The ROM is stable and gives faster performance. Follow this guide to flash crDroid Android 6.0 custom ROM on HTC One M7.
crDroid Android 6.0 custom ROM features:
Volume panel timeout
Slim recents panel
Clear recent location
Lock app on recents panel
SlimRoms Heads up (with snooze time, timeout, touch to hide and swipe behavior)
SlimRoms custom lockscreen shortcuts
Hardare keys on/off (in devices supported)
Power menu in navring targets
SlimPie controls with all working
Sound panel option om power menu
Superuser indicator (Notification, Statusbar icon or no indicator)
Force expanded notifications on expanded statusbar
Power menu and notifications tiles
Disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
Ambient display with a bunch of options
System apps remover
Network traffic meter
Battery saver enhancements
Non intrusive incoming call
Prerequisites to update HTC One M7 to crDroid Android 6.0 custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M7 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure that your HTC One M7's bootloader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
How to update HTC One M7 to Android 6.0 custom ROM:
Required files: Download crDroid Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM for HTC One M7.
Here are the steps to help you update HTC One M7 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow based crDroid custom firmware:
- Connect your HTC One to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM file to your phone’s SD card root folder.
- Also copy and paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC One M7.
- Boot your device in the Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
- Once in Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-toolsdirectory on your PC and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type the following command:
- Fastboot flash boot boot.img - press Enter.
- fastboot reboot - press Enter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on your phone. Select Bootloader > Recovery.
- Once in recovery, perform wipe data tasks: from the recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
- From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the crDroid Android 6.0 custom ROM file and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M7 into the new custom ROM.
That's it. Enjoy the features of Marshmallow and stability of crDroid custom ROM on your HTC One M7.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter