How to Update HTC One M8 to the Very Latest Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM
Looking for more Marshmallow based custom ROMs for your HTC One M8? AICP custom firmware based on Android 6.0.1 is now available for the device with all its bells and whistles. Bringing you the popular AICP features and stability, here is how to flash Android 6.0.1 based custom ROM on your HTC device.
Before you flash Android 6.0.1 ROM on HTC One M8:
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M8 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. Check out this link.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure that your HTC One M8's bootloader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
How to flash Android 6.0.1 AICP ROM on HTC One M8:
Required files: Download AICP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for HTC One M8.
- Connect your HTC One to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM file to your phone’s SD card root folder.
- Also copy and paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC One M8.
- Boot your device in the Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
- Once in Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-toolsdirectory on your PC and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type the following command:
- Fastboot flash boot boot.img - press Enter.
- fastboot reboot - press Enter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on your phone. Select Bootloader > Recovery.
- Once in recovery, perform wipe data tasks: from the recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
- From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the AICP Android 6.0.1 custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M8 into the new custom ROM.
- More Marshmallow ROMs for HTC One M8:
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter