Facebook Reports Q3, 2015 Results; Guess Where Majority Of Its Revenue Came From?
The biggest social networking platform has become even bigger thanks to the latest financials of Facebook. Let us take a how big the company has become in comparison to the same quarter last year.
Mark Zuckerberg Very Pleased With Q3, 2015 Financial Results Of Facebook
According to co-founder and CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg stated the following concerning the financial results of the company.
“We had a good quarter and got a lot done. We're focused on innovating and investing for the long term to serve our community and connect the entire world.”
According to the details present on the press release, given below are the highlights of what the company has achieved so far:
- Daily active users or DAUs: 01 billion on average for September 2015, an increase of 17 percent year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs: 894 million on average for September 2015, an increase of 27 percent year-over-year.
- Monthly active users or MAUs: 55 billion as of September 30, 2015, an increase of 14 percent year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs: 39 billion as of September 30, 2015, an increase of 23 percent year-over-year.
Now here is where Facebook was able to generate the most amount of revenue; naturally smartphones and tablets contributed significantly to the financial growth of the company, with the summarized results showing the ubiquity of mobile devices around the globe.
- Mobile advertising revenue: Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 78 percent of advertising revenue for the third quarter of 2015, up from 66 percent of advertising revenue in the third quarter of 2014.
- Capital expenditure: Capital expenditures for the third quarter of 2015 were $780 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities: Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $15.83 billion at the end of the third quarter of 2015.
- Free cash flow: Free cash flow for the third quarter of 2015 was $1.41 billion.
Given below is an infograph showing how far Facebook has come despite resistance from other social networking platforms ranging from Twitter, and Instagram. It is safe to say that the company has grown phenomenally this year.
Do you guys think that the company will do even better in 2016? Let us know your thoughts.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter