Endless Space 2 Patch Includes New Major Faction, Three Minor Factions
Amplitude Studios just released the latest update for Endless Space 2 which introduces a new major faction, The United Empire, along with three minor factions.
Endless Space 2 is a turn-based, 4X space-strategy game that builds up on the mechanics and tools of the previous Endless Space game with improved combat and diplomacy. You’ll lead a civilization across the depths of space and encounter other bizarre and unique races of aliens and, most likely, fight them.
This Endless Space 2 update includes:
- New major faction: The United Empire, which features economics-focused gameplay based on the generation and use of influence.
- Three minor factions: The Pilgrims & Amoeba factions from the original Endless Space, and the new Z’vali faction have been added.
- Minor faction quests: Players can now assimilate minor factions through various special quests.
- Increased turn limit: Players can now play up to 200 turns. Players can choose to continue their game after achieving a victory at turn 100.
- Marketplace: Allows players to acquire resources and heroes in exchange for Dust
- Technology Tree: Era 4 of the Tech Tree has been added, offering for more research paths, unlocks and buildings
- Addition of deeds: Players will receive special rewards for performing specific actions
Amplitude Studios also listened to feedback from Early Access users and completely reworked the truce and weapons systems. It’s good that community feedback is being taken into account when thinking of balance during Early Access. If you need to know more about The United Empire, the slick looking recruitment video below have all the propaganda you need. Endless Space 2 is currently available on Steam Early Access for $29.99 and will hopefully see a release early next year.
If you want to know more about Endless Space 2, you can check our recent preview where Chris Wray said it was a sequel you should be watching, or our earlier interview with the game’s creative director Romain de Waubert de Genlis.