ELEX, the Sci-fi RPG from Gothic&Risen Devs, Gets First Footage & New Images
During Gamescom 2015, Piranha Bytes and Nordic Games announced their partnership on the ELEX project. The developers of Gothic and Risen have now switched setting to Sci-fi. ELEX, which apparently stands for eclectic, lavish, exhilarating and xenial, according to the developers is a handcrafted action role-playing experience set in a brand new post-apocalyptic Science Fantasy universe that puts players into a huge seamless game world full of original characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and powerful action.
Some new images were released during PAX East and we've even spotted the first off-screen gameplay footage via Nordic Games' Instagram account.
ELEX already has a Steam page, where its main features are detailed; the game will be released in early 2017 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
In ELEX, you join the war over a powerful resource that gives people great magic-like powers, but turns them into indifferent cold creatures. You decide if emotions and humaneness or cold synthetic logic will rule the world of Magalan.
- Completely seamless Open World experience without borders and loading zones for the ultimate exploration experience
- Vertical Exploration: Use the jetpack to reach any place in the game world
- Simulated game world where everything reacts to the players actions and provides for an authentic atmosphere
- Highly interconnected quest system that support true player choices
- Tactical and challenging combat system for close and ranged combat
Universe set in a post apocalyptic science fantasy universe that combines the most interesting aspects of all genres
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter