Echoe Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F
Echoe Custom ROM is released for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F and it is based on Official Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900F) firmware XXU1ANCE. What I like the most in Echoe Custom ROM that it gives you full customization with access to the Echoe Kitchen for OTA mods, tweaks, apps and themes.
Also Read Best Galaxy S5 SM-G900F ROM – AllianceROM :
It is full of different features like control of Phone’s DPI, 1 % Battery MOD, and much more. Please have a look at the features of Echoe Custom ROM and then we will move forward to “How to Flash Echoe Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F”
Features of Echoe Custom ROM
- Prerooted (SuperSu v1.94)
- Deodexed (smali 2.0.3 and baksmali 2.0.3)
- Ex-FAT Support
- Custom Echoe Rom Settings allow for FULL CUSTOMIZATION of your phone as well as access to the
- Echoe Kitchen for OTA mods, tweaks, apps and themes(CREDITS: Ficeto for his CustomSettings.apk)
- Complete Phone DPI Control
- Echoe Extended 4-way Power Menu
- Fully modded SecMms app:
--No SMStoMMS conversion
--No MMS conversion when using emojis
--SMS/MMS Custom smileys (No more UGLY Green ones)
--SMS/MMS Show sent time instead of time received
--No more annoying SMS/MMS logs in Call Logs
--Save and Restore SMS/MMS to SD Card
- Keyboard with secondary symbols for all languages enabled
- Enabled Call Button in Contacts
- Added Shutter Sound Menu in Camera Settings
- Enabled All System Languages by Default (thanks to the GREAT wanam!!!)
- Exit menu in stock web browser
- Enabled Quadview (up to 4 windows) in multiwindows
- Added custom color in Calendar (Sat and Sun are a bit more colorful now)
- Extended Speed-Dial Entries to 100
- Added Latest Xposed Framework (Credits: rovo89), Xposed Framework: XDA THREAD
- Added Wanam Xposed Module: (Credits: Who else??) :silly: XDA THREAD
- Added Gravity Box Xposed Module (Credits: C3C076), Gravity Box: XDA THREAD
- Added PerApp DPI Xposed Module (Credits: Tungstwenty): Per APP Density Setting for Every APP: XDA THREAD
- Added AdAway (THANKS TO THE CREATOR: mrRobinson): XDA THREAD
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘CWM recovery’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Echoe Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Prerequisites to Flash Echoe Custom ROM to Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F carries more than 70% of charge.
How to Flash Echoe Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F
- First step is to reboot your SGS5 into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose a zip from SD card. That you copied earlier and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose Gapps .zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- That’s it.