Download macOS High Sierra Beta 5 – How to Install Right Now
Apple has released for download macOS High Sierra Beta 5 for registered developers. Here's how you can update right now.
macOS High Sierra Beta 5 Has Been Released - Update Your Mac Today for Stability and Performance Fixes
Apple's desktop operating system is going through an evolutionary phase. Rather than packing new features and calling it a day, Apple is squeezing in as much power it can under the hood to make macOS as powerful as possible. The Cupertino company is pushing things further with a brand new file system called 'APFS,' something that debuted with the release of iOS 10.3. This means users will be getting a lot of speed improvements across the board. Furthermore, Apple is investing heavily in bringing better graphics to the Mac with the introduction of Metal 2, support for external GPUs and introducing a new video format called HEVC. All of this will become available later this year for everyone, but for now we have to make do with the beta of the software.
Download macOS High Sierra Beta 5 OTA
If you are a user of macOS High Sierra Beta then it's only logical that you grab the new update over the air. It's the simplest route you can take and it won't take more than a few minutes to install if you have a lot of patience. Just follow the steps below to get up and running.
1. Connect your Mac to the Internet and launch the Mac App Store.
2. Click on the Updates tab at the top.
3. Once the Mac App Store is done refreshing, you'll see the new Beta 5 update become available for download. Just click on the Update button next to it and you're done.
The entire download won't take that much time, but the installation will. You will be required to restart your Mac so be vary of that fact. Save all your work in a safe location before going ahead.
Installing a Fresh Copy of macOS High Sierra Beta 5 or Public Beta
If you don't have access to Apple's Developer Program membership, then you will be pleased to learn that you can download macOS High Sierra for free. Furthermore, you can install a clean copy of macOS High Sierra Beta onto your Mac as well. All the necessary links are added below.
- Macs Compatible with macOS High Sierra Beta – List
- Download macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta and Install it Right Now – How to
- How to Create macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta Bootable USB Drive
- Clean Install macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta – How to
- Download macOS High Sierra Public Beta on Your Mac – How to
If you've had enough of High Sierra and wish to downgrade back to Sierra, then you can do so with utmost ease. Just follow the guide linked below.
macOS High Sierra Beta 5 is mainly a bug fix and performance enhancing release. There's a chance Apple might have slipped in something new under the hood. We will dig into the software and see if that's the case, so stay tuned.