iTunes 12.2.2 For Mac OS X Released: Here’s What Is New
iTunes 12.2.2 update for Mac OS X is now available to download. The update contains Apple Music and Beats 1 related fixes, and is recommended for all users.
It’s a mighty big day for Apple, and having released iOS 8.4.1 and OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite updates for users, the Cupertino company also slipped in iTunes 12.2.2 in between the big releases, bringing with it fixes for Apple Music and Beats 1.
If you want to know what the release brings with it, then we have the changelog right here for your to look at:
– Click on the Beats 1 banner to see what’s currently on, or view a complete broadcast schedule so you never miss a show
– You can now view a list of the artists you’re following on Apple Music
– Resolved an issue where iTunes loses its place when you go back to a previous page in Apple Music
– Addressed a problem where artists may be sorted incorrectly in My Music
– Fixed a problem where playlists displayed in the action menu may not match the playlists in your library
– Artists can now share thoughts, photos, music, and videos to Connect, right from iTunes
As you can see, apart from fixes to Apple Music and Beats 1, there’s nothing new at all. Hence, it’s safe to say that this is a pure bug fix release and nothing more.
If you want to download iTunes 12.2.2 right away then simply launch the Mac App Store on your OS X powered computer, click on the ‘Updates’ tab at the top, wait for the page to load and the iTunes 12.2.2 update will show up in a while. Click on the ‘Update’ button and iTunes 12.2.2 will start downloading.
If you’ve been experiencing the above mentioned problems in iTunes, then we recommend that you download the update right away and reap the benefits of Apple’s latest music management software. The update is a must-download for those who are Apple Music subscribers or listen to Beats 1 on a daily basis.
If you do make the plunge and update iTunes to the latest version – 12.2.2 – then be sure to let us know in the comments section what you think about it.
Haven’t updated to iOS 8.4.1? Then check out: Download iOS 8.4.1 IPSW For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch – Direct Links.
Want to update your Mac to OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite? Then point your browser to: OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite Now Available For Download, Here’s What Is New.