Download iOS 11 Public Beta 5 for Compatible Devices – Here’s How
You can now download and install iOS 11 Public Beta 5 on your compatible iPhone, iPad, iPod touch. We will show you how it's done.
iOS 11 Public Beta 5 is Now Available With Same Changes as iOS 11 Beta 6
Alongside the release of iOS 11 Beta 6 which is meant for developers, Apple released iOS 11 Public Beta 5 as well. This build is meant for public beta testers only, and carries the same changes as its developer-oriented counterpart.
If you're a public beta tester and have one of the earlier builds of iOS 11 Public Beta installed on your phone or tablet, then it's best to update right now. This ensures that your device runs smoothly during the course of the beta, and you don't run into occasional hiccups at all
Unlike the developer beta, public beta software is available over the air only for testing out. Simply follow the steps below and you'll be on the latest beta release right away.
- Launch the Settings app from the home screen.
- Now navigate to General > Software Update.
- Wait for the update to show up, once it does, tap on Download and Install.
If you wish to try out the iOS 11 Public Beta right now, then you can do so absolutely free. Just check out the post here: Download and Install iOS 11 Public Beta on iPhone, iPad Right Now.
Are you a developer and have a paid membership with Apple? Then you might want to check out the following links:
- Download iOS 11 Beta for iPhone & iPad – How to Install Right Now
- How and Why You Should Clean Install iOS 11 Beta on iPhone & iPad
- iOS 11 Beta Compatible Devices List – iPhone, iPad & iPad touch
- Should You Install iOS 11 Public Beta? Here are a Few Things to Consider
Something went wrong during your iOS 11 Beta endeavors? Then you might want to downgrade back to iOS 10. Here's how it's done: How to Downgrade iOS 11 Beta to iOS 10 – iPhone & iPad Tutorial.
There are bound to be a couple of more iOS 11 updates before the software is seeded to everyone around the globe, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, make sure you update your phone or tablet to take advantage of iOS 11 Public Beta's latest fixes and enhancements.