Download iOS 11.2 Final IPSW for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Direct Links
You can now download iOS 11.2 final IPSW update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Here’s what is new and how you can update right now.
You Can Now Download iOS 11.2 Final on Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Here’s How.
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday now out of the way, Apple has grabbed the opportunity to release iOS 11.2 software update for its lineup of compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod devices. In case you’re wondering what the update brings to the table, then you can check out the complete changelog below.
iOS 11.2 Changelog.
Basically, this update focuses on brining Apple Pay Cash to the masses as well as enable 7.5W fast charging for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X users. Apart from that, everything right there in the changelog.
If you’re interested in fast charging your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X, then be sure to check out our list here. All of the listed options support 7.5W fast charging wirelessly.
With the changelog out of the way, let’s dive into the update process itself.
Download iOS 11.2 Over the Air.
The simplest route you can take, and one which barely takes time. Follow the steps below in order to grab iOS 11.2 over the air.
- Make sure you have 50% or more battery life on your iPhone, iPad or iPod. If not, then you will be required to connect your device to a charger.
- Connect to a WiFi network. You cannot download iOS updates over cellular data.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Navigate to General > Software Update.
- As soon as the update shows up, tap on the Download and Install button underneath. This will initiate the download process.
- Once the download is complete, you will be promoted to install the update. Tap on Install Now.
- Your device will now restart and the iOS 11.2 update will install.
Clean Install iOS 11.2 Update.
This route is available to you as well, but make sure you back everything up to iTunes or iCloud before proceedings as the entire process will wipe your device clean. Also, before going ahead, make sure you download the iOS 11.2 firmware files from the links below. Make sure you download the correct link otherwise the process will just fail. Once you are all set, follow the guide posted here: How to Clean Install iOS 11.2 on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Download iOS 11.2 IPSW Firmware Files.
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd-Generation)
- iPad 5
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th-Generation)
I would only recommend going ahead with the clean install route if you are facing severe performance related or battery issues. If everything is just fine, then simply install iOS 11.2 over the air. It’s the simplest route you can take, and you’ll be running the latest firmware in no time.