Download iOS 11.1 Beta 5 – Here’s How on iPhone & iPad
Having released iOS 11.1 Beta 4 last week, Apple has released iOS 11.1 Beta 5 today. Here's how you can download it right away.
iOS 11.1 Beta 5 is Now Available for Developers. Download it Straight Away.
Developers can now download the fifth beta of iOS 11.1, and it's only a matter of time the final version becomes available for everyone around the globe. Given that we are extremely close to the availability of the iPhone X too, it's perhaps a good guess at this point that the new software will (likely) accompany Apple's bezel-less smartphone. Until that happens, we have iOS 11.1 Beta 5 to deal with, and those with previous version of the software installed might want to consider updating right away since the release is accompanied with bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Download iOS 11.1 Beta 5 Over the Air.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to a WiFi network.
- Make sure your battery is more than 50%.
- Launch the Settings app and navigate to General > Software Update.
- Wait for the page to refresh. As soon as you see the newly available update, tap on Download and Install.
- Once the download is complete, it will be verified with Apple, prepared, and then installed.
The entire process shouldn't take more than 15 minutes at best if you have a speedy internet connection.
iOS 11.1 Beta 5 IPSW Image Files.
If you so wish, you can download the iOS 11.1 Beta 5 image files and restore using iTunes for a fresh experience. For that, you will require an Apple Developer Program membership which will set you back $99 on an annual basis. If you have all the credentials, then you may go ahead with the process. Remember one thing though: make sure you backup everything in a safe and secure location before forward.
Don't have an Apple Developer Program membership? Don't worry, you can still download the software for free. Simply head over to beta.apple.com and sign up to Apple's Beta Software Program.
iOS 11.1 is a nifty little update with a bunch of great changes. It introduces brand new emoji characters as well as the lost 3D Touch app switcher gesture. Aside from that, performance improvements are aplenty.
You may like to check out:
- How to Clean Install iOS 11 Final Version on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Detailed Tutorial
- How to Update to iOS 11 Final Without Losing Your Files or Settings – Tutorial
- Apple iOS 11 Review: Packed with New Features & Really Dialed All the Way to Eleven
- iOS 11 Jailbreak – What iPhone & iPad Users Need to Know
- Here’s How to Downgrade iOS 11.1 Beta to iOS 11 / iOS 11.0.3
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter