Download: iOS 10.1 Final for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Released
You can now download iOS 10.1 final IPSW firmware file for compatible iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices. Here's how you can install it.
You Can Download iOS 10.1 Final Update on Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch - Here's How
After pushing out a handful of beta builds to developer and public testers, everyone can now finally download iOS 10.1 on their compatible iPhone, iPad, iPod touch device. While the update is mainly focused towards iPhone 7 Plus users, but nonetheless everyone should download it right away since it packs a load of bug fixes and performance enhancements. Check out the complete changelog below and see for yourself what you can expect from this update once you install it.
While everyone will get a bit of something once they install iOS 10.1, but nonetheless, the primary beneficiaries of the software are iPhone 7 Plus users. Once installed on an iPhone 7 Plus, you will be able to take photos using depth-of-field effect using the stock Camera app. It's a simple case of launching the app, select 'Portrait' mode and then snap a photo of a subject from at least 8-feet away. The effect is pretty cool and we're certain all of you will love it.
Download iOS 10.1 Final Over the Air
This method is the best since you do not lose anything at all. Follow the steps below to get up to speed.
1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to a power outlet or WiFi network.
2. Navigate to Settings > General > Software Update.
3. Wait for the page to refresh and iOS 10.1 will pop right up.
4. Tap on 'Download and Install' and you're good to go.
Your device will restart in order to complete the installation. It's best to leave your iPhone or iPad plugged in while it's updating. Remove the charging cable once everything has booted up into iOS 10.1.
Clean Install iOS 10.1 Final using iTunes
Clean install is the best route to take if you want to take the full performance benefit of iOS 10.1. But before you begin, download the iOS 10.1 IPSW firmware file from the links which we have added at the foot of this post.
Since you'll lose your files after performing a clean install, therefore take a backup of everything using iTunes or iCloud beforehand.
1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch to your computer using the device's USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes. Download it if you haven't already from: apple.com/itunes
3. Select your device from the top left corner of iTunes to reveal more options.
4. Now click on the 'Restore iPhone' button while holding down the left Option key (Mac) or the left Shift key (Windows). A new pop-up will come into view.
5. Now select the iOS 10.1 firmware file you downloaded, and iTunes will start verifying the firmware file and restore your device.
iOS 10.1 Final IPSW download links for iPhone:
- iPhone 7 (Model 9,1)
- iPhone 7 Plus (Model 9,2)
- iPhone 7 (Model 9,3)
- iPhone 7 Plus (Model 9,4)
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
iOS 10.1 Final IPSW download links for iPad:
- iPad Pro
- iPad Pro (Cellular)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (Cellular)
- iPad Air 2 (WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 4 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 4 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad Air (WiFi)
- iPad Air (Cellular)
- iPad Air (CDMA)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad 4 (WiFi)
- iPad 4 (Cellular)
- iPad 4 (CDMA)
iOS 10.1 Final IPSW download links for iPod touch:
We recommend downloading iOS 10.1 onto your device right away. Apart from bug fixes, the update brings with it security fixes as well. This is something we all need in this hour, given how we are transferring most of our lives in the cloud. But of course, you want that transition to be as secure as possible. You don't want a person snooping in between.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter