In case you opted to go for Google Nexus 10 tablet and unlocked the bootloader along with gaining permanent root, then there is some great news for you! Apparently, most of us opt to root and bootloader unlock our Android devices in order to flash custom ROMs and kernels. JellyBro Android 4.2 Jellybean custom ROM, based on CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly builds, has been released for Nexus 10 owners looking to get a taste of CM 10.1 on their tabs.
The JellyBro Android 4.2 JellyBean Custom ROM based on the CM 10.1 nightlies comes from team EuroSkank. According to the team behind this awesome work, this CM 10.1 based ROM for the Nexus 10 is a self compiled instance of CM 10 along with optional components added from CM 10.1’s gerrit instances.
This ROM for Nexus 10 can be compared to any CyanogenMod nightly build and every update will bring more stability and features.
In order to flash this ROM on your Google Nexus 10, you will need to have an unlocked bootloader, along with permanent root and ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Before moving on, please make sure that you understand and take responsibility of any thing that goes wrong with the installation of this ROM. Neither us nor the creator / developer of this ROM will be liable in case of trouble, damage or alien invasion.
Here is the step by step guide to install JellyBro CM 10.1 based Android 4.2 JellyBean custom ROM on Google Nexus 10:
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your device along with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. In case you don’t have root or CWM installed, please head to the official Nexus 10 root thread for Nexus 10 and get the stuff done. (Alternatively, you can also use [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.1 [Updated 11/30/12] : Nexus 10 Thread)
- Once you have root and CWM installed on your Nexus 10 tablet, download JellyBro Android 4.2 JellyBean custom ROM and save the zip file on your computer.
- After this, connect your Nexus 10 tablet to the computer and copy the downloaded ROM zip file to the tab.
- Once you are done copying the ROM to tablet, disconnect it from the computer.
- Now reboot your tablet in ClockWorkMod Recovery mode. You can do this easily by first downloading and installing ROM Manager on your tab and then using the in-built option to reboot your tab into recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, use onscreen options to wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
- Once you are done wiping the cache, use Install Zip from SD Card option to install / flash the ROM zip file already present in your tab’s memory.
- Now sit back and relax while the JellyBro custom ROM is flashed on your Nexus 10.
- Once the flashing / installation of the ROM is complete, your tablet will auto reboot.
And there you go! You are now running the latest Android 4.2 Jellybean JellyBro custom ROM on your computer. In case you are stuck or want to keep up with the development of this ROM, please head to the official JellyBro ROM thread posted here.
A simpler method to install this ROM is to download and flash it directly from ROM Manager.