Download and Install CM10.1 RC1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100G
Thanks to CyanogenMod team, CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, a Galaxy S2 Rom, is now available for Galaxy S2 I9100G. And this build from the CyanogenMod team includes support for a lot of Galaxy S2 smartphones, including the Galaxy S2 I9100G. The latest RC1 build is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM, which brings some improvement along with it, including better security features. It will allow you to enjoy the latest iteration of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2 I9100G. You can also choose to download more Custom and Official ROMs for Galaxy S2 I9100G, here.
The CyanogenMod team has released the first Release Candidate version of CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 for users. And with this release, they’ve further cemented their position as one of the finest custom firmware makers out there. According to CM team’s own announcement, this is the final release of the custom firmware, before a final version of CM10.1 shows up on the inter webs.
This new version of CyanogenMod Custom Firmware comes with various updates on top of Android 4.2.2’s latest native updates.
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.
- CM 10.1 RC1-Build 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy S2 I9100G [File: cm-10.1.0-RC1-i9100g.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip]
Download and Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 RC1 on Galaxy S2 I9100G
- Connect your Galaxy S2 I9100G with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the above mentioned CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean RC1 Galaxy S2 Rom and copy it to the SD card of your phone.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the Galaxy S2 I9100G into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new Galaxy S2 Rom does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-10.1.0-RC1-i9100g.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM CM 10.1 RC1-build. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
You are now running CM 10.1 RC1-build Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Galaxy S2 Rom on Galaxy S2 I9100G. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.