djay Pro for Mac Receives Pioneer DJ Certification, Bringing Plug & Play Support for High-End Gear
If you were looking for a reason more to jump onboard the djay Pro bandwagon, then Algoriddim has given you a solid one.
djay Pro for Mac Already Touts Solid Features, But Pioneer DJ Certification is Icing on the Cake
Aspiring DJs already know there's nothing better than djay Pro on the Mac. Apart from its obvious great set of features, the software plays nicely with Apple's ecosystem by tying in well with iCloud. What's more amazing is the fact that the app was recently updated with Spotify integration, giving users flexibility even if they are on the go.
Today, Algoriddim, the creators behind djay Pro have revealed that their app for Mac now carries a Pioneer DJ Certification. Not only does this make the app even more legit than it already was, but this means that the software will now work on a plug and play basis with the Pioneer DJ CDJ-2000NXS2/TOUR1 and DJM-900NXS2/TOUR1 high-end gear. That's a major win for DJs.
Keep one thing in mind though - the above mentioned certification and support for high-end hardware comes with djay Pro for Mac v1.4.3. So if you have a copy installed on your Mac, then be sure to update it right away in order to reap the benefits of the latest build.
Apart from this, MacBook Pro with Touch Bar users receive a handful of great features too. Now there are new library and mixer modes, manual deck selection and a whole lot more.
The complete changelog of the latest release is as follows:
• Added plug & play support for Pioneer DJ CDJ-2000NXS2/TOUR1 and DJM-900NXS2/TOUR1
• LAN Link: Connect multiple CDJ-2000NXS2/TOUR1 with a single USB cable via DJM-900NXS2/TOUR1
• Added plug & play support for Pioneer DDJ-RB DJ DJ controller
• Added plug & play support for Numark Mixtrack Platinum DJ controller
• All-new Spotify browse section: explore by new releases, featured playlists, genres, and moods
• Enhanced Touch Bar integration: new library and mixer modes, manual deck selection, and more
• New improved adaptive sync mode for straight and variable beat grids
• Improved Pioneer CDJ/XDJ integration for all models
• Added MIDI mapping actions for 1/3 and 3/4 auto loop, skipping 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 beats, and toggling elapsed/remaining time
• Fixed sync mode loosing sync with some songs
• Fixed sync mode sometimes not correctly using half/double BPM
• Fixed slip mode when using manual loop in/out
• Fixed track preview in media library when selected track was not visible in track list
• Fixed track list not being selected when ending song preview
• Fixed song ratings incorrectly using album ratings for album songs without ratings
• Fixed artist/title display sometimes not being updated
• Fixed Reloop Mixon 4 mapping issues
• Various fixes and performance improvements
djay Pro for Mac will set you back $49.99, which, while not cheap, is absolutely justified given the amount of features that it packs under the hood.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter