Codemasters announced a long-term collaboration with the FIA World Rallycross Championship for DiRT Rally. The first stage of this partnership will see the RX Supercars, tracks and racing modes implemented into DiRT Rally as part of Codies commitment to deliver regular content updates during Early Access.
Owners of the game will soon be able to drive a selection of these monstrous cars for themselves across three different game modes and experience the sheer speed, action, dynamism and performance that makes World RX one of the fastest growing motorsports in the world. As with all previous updates, this new content will be available free of charge to existing and included for new owners of the game.
The tracks that have currently been built and included in the game are Holjes (Sweden) and Lydden Hill (Great Britain). The Hell circuit in Norway will be added in the near future.
DiRT Rally’s Chief Game Designer, Paul Coleman, explained:
“From the outset we wanted DiRT Rally™ to be the ultimate off-road racer and to fulfill that vision we knew we had to include World RX. Since the launch in Early Access back in April we have continued to add new, diverse content to the game and World RX will add another dimension that will challenge even the most experienced players.”
Team Volkswagen Sweden’s Johan Kristoffersson, who is currently second in the overall World RX drivers’ standings, stated:
“Codemasters have done a brilliant job – the details is very realistic and not far from real life,”
“As drivers we are always wanting to change the smallest things with our cars, but this version is very good. There are just a couple of tweaks that need to be made and then I think it will be just like driving the real thing. It’s by far the best rallycross game I have played.”
Martin Anayi, World RX Managing Director for IMG, concluded:
“It was great to have the Codemasters team with us in Holjes over the weekend, which allowed us to showcase our new joint game venture to over 40,000 fans. Codemasters has worked exceptionally hard to get this project off the ground and it’s been encouraging to hear such positive feedback from our drivers after they had test-driven the game. We are very excited about our new collaboration with Codemasters and look forward to working with the team more closely to help develop the game further.”
Codemasters have recently released the first major update for DiRT Rally. The update brings several fixes and improvements to the Steam Early Access racer and at no extra cost adds the Pikes Peak Pack.
Codemasters note that Pikes Peak is built “from the ground up in its full fat modern tarmac state (the first time in a video game) and the mixed surface variant we all grew up loving.”
You can view the Changelog below:
- New – Added over 4,300 metres of rock otherwise known as Pikes Peak
- New – Or old depending how you look at it, yes that’s right we’ve also added the mixed surface version of Pikes Peak too
- New – Each route on Pikes Peak is available with a variety of weather conditions (Sunny\Rain\Overcast\Clear)
- New – Hillclimb car class featuring the Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak, the Peugeot 205 T16 Pikes Peak and the Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak.
- New – Hillclimb career mode and full support for Online Events and Leagues
- New – Added a few tutorial messages and hints and tips to some menus and loading screens
- New – Sent all our AI drivers back to rally school, turns out they were struggling to keep up with you guys so expect a bit more of a challenge from now on
- New – Your changes in position are now shown on the event and championship standings
- New – Added a message to let you know when you’ve been promoted or relegated in Championship mode
- New – 13 new achievements for all you unlock and rub in your friends faces.
- New – Added the ability to map clutch and gears for the following steering wheels: Logitech Driving Force EX, Logitech Driving Force GT, Logitech Driving Force Pro, Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel, Thrustmaster F430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel, Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel, Thrustmaster RGT FF Pro, Microsoft Wireless Xbox 360 Racing Wheel
- New – Added analogue handbrake support
- Change – Engineer slots now unlock based on distance driven rather than spending your hard earned credits
- Change – When using a wheel the ragdoll shake effect is now turned off
- Change – Had our mechanics make some improvements to the drivetrain on all of the cars
- Change – Custom Events now use the full fat versions of the cars rather than the poor mans versions
- Change – Improved our Steam error reporting, this won’t really change anything for you right now but it will help us in the future in particular with getting to the bottom of error 41 issues
- Change – Made it clearer when you can’t afford a car
- Change – Improved the messages which tell you what the different game modes are
- Change – Custom events now tell you if a stage is a “Long” or “Sprint” (short) version
- Change – Changed certain title headers in the leagues reward screens to make it clearer where you finished
- Change – The weekly event is now six stages instead of four
- Fix – If you’re using a H-Pattern with clutch setup, the game no longer shifts to neutral when contact with your kit is lost.
- Fix – Turns out that sometimes the AI would overshoot the start line, we’ve had a word with them about it
- Fix – Hand braking when using manual clutch now no longer locks all four wheels on the Ford Fiesta
- Fix – Position indicators will now stop showing the incorrect information
- Fix – Fixed a weird thing that would sometimes let you have more than one go at an online event (bet you’re gutted you didn’t notice that one)
- Fix – Ever been caught in an infinite loop of disconnects and reconnects at the end of an online event? Yeah, we fixed that.
- Car update – The Fiat 131 Abarth now has historically accurate rear lights
- Car update – The Fiat 131 Abarth now features the Rallysport Development livery
- Car update – The Ford Escort Mk II now features the Phil Collins’ livery
- Car update – The Lancia Fulvia HF now features the Lancia livery.
- Car update – The Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2 now features the Peugeot Sport livery
We will bring you any new information on DiRT Rally as soon as it becomes available.