Featured ROM: DevBase v5.7 Encryption Android Oreo ROM for Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
Looking for a lightweight, clean and de-bloated custom firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge? Android 8.0 Oreo DevBase v5.7 Encryption is fast becoming a favorite custom ROMs of Galaxy S7 users. Here are the steps to install it on your own device.
Features of Android 8.0 Oreo DevBase v5.7 Encryption
– Odexed (original stock files) + stock kernel
– Multi CSC (list of natively supported CSC as above) (*)
– Removed SecurityLogAgent.apk (annoying on rooted phones)
– Rooted systemlessly (Magisk v16.5 or SuperSU 2.82 SR5) (*)
– All original features are present and works (except KNOX related apps)
– Added “App Lock” feature (Settings -> Advanced features)
– No visual changes (100% stock look)
CscFeature MOD (enabled some built-in, hidden features):
– Added shutter sound menu in Camera app
– Sending/receiving MMS without data on
– Show SMS/MMS sending time instead of receiving
– Added “Call/Message block” option in Settings
– Added symbols as secondary keys in Samsung keyboard (may not work for all CSCs)
– Added “LTE Only” network mode (NOTE: voice calls may not work in this mode)
– 4G/3G network support in any CSC (master/slave SIM, applies to dual SIM variants)
– Call Recording (via “Record” button or “Auto record calls” option)
– Enabled “Recent App Protection” feature
- (*) these options can be controlled by editing options.prop file.
Prerequisites to install Android 8.0 Oreo DevBase v5.7 Encryption ROM on Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP.
- Your device should be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge; do not try this guide on other iPhone 6, Galaxy S6, HTC One M9 and Nexus 6" href="https://wccftech.com/update-nexus-7-2013-to-android-7-1/">Android & Samsung devices. For more details of the ROM, detailed instructions, support and to download it for other S7 variants, visit the official XDA thread.
How to flash DevBase v5.7 Encryption Galaxy S7 ROM
Required files: download DevBase v5.7 Encryption ROM for Galaxy S7 edge G935F OR Galaxy S7 G930F and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Once downloaded, follow these steps to install this Galaxy S7 ROM:
- Connect your Galaxy S7 or S7 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Select install and locate the custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- If you want to do a clean install, perform wipe operations before installation of the ROM. “Wipe data is NOT required if you are coming from stock ROM (already rooted) or a previous version of my DevBase (if you leave “Keep current CSC” option untouched in /options.prop or if you choose same CSC as you are currently using),” the developer wrote. “In other cases – wipe data is highly recommended!”
- Once done, tap on Reboot now. First boot may take a few minutes, so don’t be worried.
While the above are usual steps we share with our readers whenever talking about a custom firmware, we highly recommend visiting the XDA thread for this Galaxy S7 ROM (S7 edge and Galaxy S7) for more details, several customization choices, and details on how to encrypt your data.