Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC Patch Improves DX12 CPU Usage; System Rift DLC Out Today
A new Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC patch has been released which improves DirectX 12 (DX12) CPU usage, and offers several performance improvements. Furthermore, the System Rift DLC is out now.
Nixxes released the DX12 patch for Mankind Divided some weeks ago following an initial delay. An additional patch to improve DX12 performance was released last week, and now another patch is being deployed to improve the game’s performance while using the DX12 API. The update focusses on critical issues that were reported by users over the last weeks. The new patch is around 1GB in size. Check out the patch notes from Nixxes down below:
The following fixes are in this patch:
- Added support for the Jensen Story: System Rift DLC mission. Re-unite with Frank Pritchard, Adam’s friend and former colleague at Sarif Industries, and assist him in hunting down information on the mysterious Santeau Group. Desperate to get more information, Pritchard targets one of the most secure data banks ever created – the Palisade Blade. In agreeing to help, Adam may also be able to uncover hints as to who the Illuminati really are.
- Added Lens Flare option.
- Improvement of Tobii EyeTracking's cover at gaze: Better responsiveness. Separate the responsiveness setting from Extended View. Filter the gaze point harder to get better snapping.
- Tobii EyeTracking's gun arm at gaze (new feature). When using Nanoblade, P.E.P.S or Tesla augmentations, the gun arm will aim in the direction of your gaze, quick shoot by releasing the trigger early or hold for continued aiming.
- Fixed an issue where Extended view is enabled when shopping.
- Fixed an issue where Extended view - Gun arm weapon reticles are moving.
- Various crash and bug fixes.
Release of DirectX 12 support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
Users are able to utilize the awaited DirectX 12 Graphics API. To activate this you are required to do the following:
- Within your Steam Library, right-click on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
- Select ‘properties’ from the context menu and navigate to the Beta tab.
- From the dropdown menu, select dx12_preview then close the window.
After the game has downloaded the DirectX 12 supported build you can then toggle DirectX 12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game.
Note that DirectX 12 requires a restart of the game if (de-)activated from within a running Deus Ex: Mankind Divided game session.
o WARNING: Using the DirectX 12 API can offer better performance on some systems, however, it will not be beneficial on all.
o Multi-GPU is not yet supported in this patch.
o If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions.
o Stereoscopic 3D with DX12 is supported on AMD, but on new windows versions “3D display mode” must be enabled through the Windows “Advanced display settings” menu.
o As always, make sure that your drivers are up to date.
The following fixes are in this patch for DX12:
- Fixed an issue where some object would appear black.
- Fixed a shadow issue.
- Improved DirectX 12 CPU usage.
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes.
Known DX12 issue:
There is a known bug that causes some very high end cards to regress relative to DirectX11. Improvements have been made but this is being further investigated by the development team.
First Story DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided out now
As can be seen in the patch notes, the update adds support for the System Rift DLC, which is being rolled out as we speak. The System Rift DLC is the first Story DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and weighs in at 6.1GB.
In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift, you will re-unite with Frank Pritchard, Adam’s friend and former colleague at Sarif Industries, and assist him in hunting down information on the mysterious Santeau Group. Desperate to get more information, Pritchard targets one of the most secure data banks ever created – the Palisade Blade. In agreeing to help, Adam may also be able to uncover hints as to who the illuminati really are.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is available now for PC, Xbox One, and PS4. In case you haven't purchased Mankind Divided yet - retailer NewEgg is currently offering a free Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC game code with selected AMD FX CPU's.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter