4.2.2 Jelly Bean Darthstalker Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4
So you got the Samsung Galaxy S4, rooted it and installed custom recovery? The obvious next step would be to try out some custom ROMs build for Galaxy S4 making most out of the power of the incredible smartphone. Darthstalker custom ROM will improve the performance, enhance battery life, add in extra exclusive features from other Android devices and more. As for today, we are going to guide you on installation of Samsung Galaxy S4 Darthstalker 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM!
Note: this tutorial is only for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 (Qualcomm Quad-Core) model.
Prerequisites to flash Jelly Bean Darthstalker custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Create backup of all the important data on your Galaxy S4 since the tutorial asks you to wipe data.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that USB drivers for SGS4 are installed on your computer.
- Also ensure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed on your SGS4: follow these tutorials for CWM and TWRP installation.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 is charged up to more than 70% of battery.
Flash Darthstalker Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4:
Required files: download Darthstalker and save the file on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to computer using USB cable and copy the file onto your smartphone’s internal SD card. When the files are copied, disconnect SGS4 from PC.
- Switch off your Galaxy S4 and boot into recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
- Next, perform Nandroid backup (optional): backup and restore > backup. Important step if you want restoration in case you don't like the custom firmware.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/ factory reset option and confirm it. This will wipe your data. Also, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache (from advanced).
- Tap on install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdCard. Locate the Darthstalker custom ROM for Galaxy S4 and start the installation process.
- When firmware installation is completed successfully, return to the main menu of the Recovery screen and select reboot system now.
- The first boot will take a few good minutes so please be patient.
That's it. Your Samsung Galaxy S4 is now running Darthstalker custom ROM!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter