Dark Souls 3 Future Update To Include Fix For Cheating Weapons, Community Manager To Ask Team About Poise
Like some other PC games, the multiplayer component of Dark Souls 3, the latest entry of the series developed by From Software now available in all regions on consoles and PC, is plagued by cheaters of all sorts, who are ruining the experience for most players. Not much has been done about the matter by the developer, but things are going to change in the near future.
Publisher Bandai Namco has confirmed in an email sent in responde to reddit user neptunusequester that the team is currently aware of players using stats altering weapons in PvP, and that a fix for the issue will be implemented in a future update. This issue is especially critical, as altering stats can result in an account getting flagged and eventually banned for inconsistencies. According to Bandai Namco’s email, it’s possible to restore a backed up save without any penalties.
One other weird issue that’s affecting Dark Souls 3 on all formats is how the Poise and Physical Defense stats aren’t working as they did in previous entries of the series. A few hours ago, Bandai Namco US Community Manager has confirmed that he is going to talk with the team about the Poise matter, so we will finally know whether if this stat working like this is either intentional or not.
Last week, Dark Souls 3 received a new update on all formats, introducing plenty of fixes, balance changes, NPCs questlines tweaks and more. Some of the balance changes introduced by the update have also received an in-depth analysis, so hardcore Dark Souls 3 players can know precisely what has been changed.
- Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
- Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
- Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria’s Fingers less strict.
- Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
- Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
- Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
- Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
- Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
- Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
- Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can’t access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
- Fine tuned various other things, performance improvements, and corrected various bugs.
Dark Souls 3 is now available in all regions on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.