Simplicity and Performance: CypherOS Nougat Is Now Available for HTC One M8
CypherOS based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat is now available for HTC One M8. We have previously shared this custom ROM for a handful of devices, including Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. You can now flash CypherOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your HTC One M8 using the links and steps in this guide.
CypherOS Android 7.1.1 features
• Status bar Customization
– Quick Pulldown (Right, Left, Always)
– Smart Pulldown
– Network Traffic
– Clock Positions
• Quick Settings
– Enable or disable data on tap
– Layout Customization
– PowerMenu Customization
– Native rootless substratum support
And many more…
Prerequisites to flash CypherOS on HTC One M8
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M8 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. Check out this link.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure that your HTC One M8’s boot loader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
Steps to update HTC One M8 to CypherOS Android 7.1.1
- Download CypherOS custom ROM for HTC One M8. Extract the boot.img file.
- Also, download the GApps package for your device.
Step 1: Connect your HTC One M8 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM and GApps zip files to your phone’s SD card root folder.
Step 2: Copy and paste the boot.img file to the Android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
Step-3: Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC device.
Step-4: Boot your device in the Bootloader / Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
Step 5: Once in the Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open command prompt with Shift + Right-click combo and click on the Open Command Prompt.
Step-6: Type the following string into the window:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter.
- Fastboot reboot – press Enter again.
Step 7: Follow the on-screen instructions and select Bootloader > go to Recovery.
Step 8: Once in recovery, perform wipe data task: from the CWM/TWRP recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
Step-9: Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
Step 10: From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate CypherOS Android 7.1.1 custom ROM file and confirm the flashing process.
Step-11: Once the ROM is flashed successfully, repeat the above step, but select GApps package this time.
Step 12: Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M8 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
For more information and support, please visit developers’ official website.