Corsair Neutron NX500 Is the Fastest SSD Ever Made by the Company – Peaks Out at 3,000MB/s
Switching from SATA-based solid state drives to PCIe NVMe ones, Corsair is more than pleased to announce the Neutron NX500 SSD. According to the company, the Neutron NX500 is the fastest drive ever manufactured by the firm and it has the figures to show for it.
The Corsair Neutron NX500 Features a Maximum Capacity of 1.6TB Coupled With a Maximum Read Speed That Goes up to 3,000MB/s
With only high-end motherboards sporting an M.2 slot for storage expansion purposes, the Neutron NX500 makes compatibility much easier by featuring an add-in card for adding another drive to your system. According to Corsair, the drive will utilize the NVMe PCIe standard and if you have an available x4 slot in your board which we’re confident that you will, fitting this drive and using it as your boot drive will be a piece of cake.
The color scheme is also an attractive one, but we feel that the capacity is limited in regards to the speeds the drive is capable of delivering. Currently, the highest storage capacity available is 1.6TB, but it is not available to purchase at this current time. The starting price of Neutron NX500 is $320 for the 400GB variant, and there is also an 800GB model available for that sweet spot.
If you wish to check out the detailed hardware specifications of the SSD, they have been detailed below. Also, let us know down in the comments if Corsair nails the pricing on this product or not.
Specifications of the Corsair Neutron NX500
- Sequential Read Speed: Up to 3,000MB/s
- Sequential Write Speed: Up to 2,400MB/s
- 4K Random Read: Up to 300K IOPS
- 4K Random Write: Up to 270K IOPS
- Interface: NVM Express via PCI Express 3.0 x4 slot
- Operating Temperature: 0 degrees to -70 degrees Celsius
- Storage Temperature: -40 degrees to -85 degrees Celsius
- Lifespan: 2,000,000 hours
- Dimensions: 4/76 (W) x 6.49 (L) x 0.82 (H) inches
- Available Storage Capacities: 400GB (starting from $320), 800GB, and 1.6TB
- Storage technology: MLC NAND