How to Clean Install iOS 10 Final on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
Here’s how you can clean install iOS 10 final / iOS 10.3.3 build on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch in a few easy steps.
Clean Install iOS 10 Final / iOS 10.3.3 on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch for the Ultimate Experience
Although you can take the over the air (OTA) route to install iOS 10, but nothing beats the fluidity of a freshly restored device on any given firmware. Hence today we’ll show you how to clean install iOS 10 final on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch in a few easy to understand steps. But before we do there are a few things that need to be pushed out of the way.
- Make sure you have backed up everything on your device. The clean install will wipe everything off your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
- Turn off Find My iPhone before going ahead. Navigate to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
- Make sure you have iTunes installed on your computer.
- Last but not the least, make sure you have your device’s USB cable at hand.
With that out of the way, let’s dive into the guide itself.
Clean Install iOS 10 on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
1. Download the iOS 10 IPSW firmware file that is meant for your device from here. Please make sure you get this right, otherwise iTunes won’t be able to restore your device.
2. Once the download is complete, launch iTunes and connect your iOS device to your computer using the USB cable.
3. On iTunes, you’ll see your device at the top left hand corner. Click on it to reveal more details.
4. See that ‘Restore iPhone’ button at the center? Click on it while holding down the ‘Shift’ key (Windows) or the ‘Option’ key (Mac). A new pop-up will open right up.
5. Select the iOS 10 IPSW file you downloaded in step 1. This will immediately kick off the restore process.
Please make sure you do not touch your computer during installation. You want everything to go as smoothly as possible.
Once the installation is complete, simply restore the backup you created before kicking off the process. Also make sure to disconnect your device from your computer, until or unless you’re using the connection to charge up your gadget.
At any given time we would suggest users to perform a clean install of new firmware releases. This ensures you get the maximum performance and battery benefit out of your device as well. But of course, the convenience is not that great as it forces you to set up your device all over again. Therefore the OTA route is the way to go for a lot of people.
Ultimately it’s your call which road you want to take. After all, it’s your device.