BeanStalk Android 4.4.1 Custom ROM for Nexus 4 – How to
The much awaited BeanStalk custom ROM is now available for Nexus 4 based on Android 4.4.1 KitKat. This CyanogenMod based 4.4.1 custom ROM carries the same features as previous BeanStalk builds, but of course more smoother now than before. BeanStalk Android 4.4.1 is one of the best available custom ROMs for Nexus 4 with decent battery life. With ART now, WhatsApp is supported in the 4.4.1 KitKat update making the ROM even better!
Some of the BeanStalk Android 4.4.1 KitKat features are:
- Widget carousel
- Slider Shortcuts
- Static lockscreen shortcuts
- Lockscreen button actions
- LCD Density
- Scroll elasticity options
- Default App grip option
- Custom Carrier label
- Dual Pane options
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 4 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- Your Nexus 4 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool installed on your Nexus.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Google Nexus 4 carries more than 70% of charge
How to update Nexus 4 to Beanstalk Android 4.4.1 custom ROM:
Required files: download the latest build of CM BeanStalk from here.
- Connect your Google Nexus 4 with the PC using a USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded custom ROM file to the SD card of your phone.
- Disconnect your Nexus 4 and switch it off. Make sure to wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Boot Nexus 4 into recovery mode: press and hold down the Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously until the screen flashes. Release the three buttons and after a few seconds of that, your Nexus 5 will enter recovery mode.
- Take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM (necessary step to be able to recover your current ROM): select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Clear data: select wipe data/factory reset, confirm with a Yes. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once done, go back to recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache too.
- Select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded BeanStalk Android 4.4.1 custom firmware file for Google Nexus 4 and confirm the installation.
Ta da! Your Nexus 4 is now flaunting the very latest BeanStalk Android 4.4.1 custom firmware.
Note: in case your device gets stuck into bootloop, boot it in to recovery and select wipe data factory reset and wipe cache partition.